GAUGES -As a rule of thumb for these strings:
- The thicker the string is, the more powerful is the sound and the higher is the tension.Strings in strong gauge can be used with a heavier bow and are therefore especially suitable for soloists.
- A thinner string will produce a brighter sound, however this does not mean that the sound is weaker or loses power. Strings in soft gauge are especially suitable to chamber music due to their easier response and even intonation.
STEEL A-STRING - further information:
- This string offers a remarkably full and round sound, with an inspiring warmth. In combination with the complex overtone spectrum the musician has the possibility to produce a colorful sound.
- The tone is precise and focused up to the highest register.
- great power and projection
- very easy response
- The Passione steel core A-string can be combined with any other D-, G- and C-strings.